Are you in pursuit?
Gain workplace readiness and work-based learning experiences
Do you have a documented disability and want to pursue your post-secondary goals? In this chapter filled with many unknowns, the Pursuit Lab is on a mission to bring college access and workplace readiness. We are a pre-employment transition service for students transitioning out of high school or looking for jobs/careers. We want you to join us!
In partnership with Washington’s Department of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR), Pursuit’s Workplace Readiness course seeks to help students to discover strengths, to prepare for jobs, and reach educational goals.
- Must be 16 or older and motivated to pursue more education, a job, and/or discovering their dependable strengths. 16-21 year old students are offered this opportunity for free.*
- Must be able to communicate in verbal/written English and can function independently without constant support on campus (unless it is ASL interpreter).
- Have (had) a documented disability could qualify for this support class (IEP, 504, or documented through SSD here on campus)!
- Must be able to access an online class and be capable of independent management between 1-3 hours transportation and are committed to attending class meeting times, Monday through Thursday, for one to three hours for an online class
- Willing to be a part of a fun and supportive community of peers building independence through job and college exploration and progress.
*Limited space available for 22+ with a class fee
The Summer Pursuit Lab begins July 2020:
Fill out an application to reserve your spot!
Dates: July 20- August 13, Monday-Thursday
Times: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
We create a structure of support, including individual and group work, peer mentoring, and specialized instruction.
To learn more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is made possible by the Washington State Division of Vocational Rehabilitation.
Pre-employment Transition service forms (section 2’s) will need to be filled out and signed by a High School/Transition Program contact.
We will help you determine the correct paperwork and funding source. Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com or 425.640.1684 with any questions about this.
** NOTE THAT YOUR AGE SHOULD BE DETERMINED BY THE DATE YOU WILL BE ON THE FIRST DAY OF CLASSES OF THE QUARTER THAT YOU CHOOSE TO TAKE THE COURSE.
Pre-employment transition form: (we need the original form turned in) You will fill out and have a counselor or Special Education Teacher fill out section 2 of this form to verify your documentation of disability. If you have questions please ask Diana George by reaching out to: firstname.lastname@example.org